About "The Shed"
Here's the goat shed info / synopsis.For those interested in the Goat Shed, here is the timeline and additions that were made to improve the structure:
April – June 2006
- Pulled up flooring, jacked up building and re-blocked foundation, straitened original flooring boards, reinstalled flooring with vapor barrier
July 1 – July 7, 2006
- Cleaned, sealed structure, foam insulated everything.
- Ran electrical, and circuit breaker box in building
July 8 – July 14, 2006
- Insulation was installed, walls were sheeted
- AC was installed and working of an extension cord.
July 15 – July 21, 2006
- Finished paneling downstairs, and building lofts
July 22 – July 28, 2006
- Finished digging trench
July 29 – August 4, 2006
- Ran utilities (power, phone, internet, TV, beer, & water) and hooked up cable and internet. Flipped the main power line on!
- Finished upstairs sheeting
- Installed new doors
- Picked up Free leather couch! And installed sofa, leather couch, mini-fridge, and dart board
August 5 – August 11, 2006
- Built ladders for loft access
- Installed exterior lights
- Paneled walls downstairs and finished off electrical plates
- Patched hole in side of building
- Built coffee table
- Picked up additional bed and box spring and installed them in lofts
- Installed and plumbed in sink
August 12 – August 18, 2006
- Official Party and Break in of the "Goat Shed"
- Random decorations / posters / signs added.
August 19 – August 25, 2006
- Installed computer system / MP3 server
- Upgraded to a 32" monitor on computer setup (for free).
August 26 – September 1 , 2006
- Installed and plumbed in auto brew 3-burner stainless steel coffee maker
September 30 - October 8 , 2006
- Installed Fireplace mantle with insert
- Installed 2 oil radiators
Upgraded to kerosene heat
Fathers day 2011 : Upgraded Windows. Trimmed Interior
So, here's what we have to far:
- Leather couch, comfy large sofa, central coffee table, twin bed & box spring (west loft), full bed & box spring (east loft), mini-fridge
- Built-in AC unit, oil radiator heating, fireplace mantle with glowing insert, 3 burner stainless steel inline coffee maker, sink with running cold water
- 40A service from the house, phone, internet, cable, cold water, 137' underground beer line (to basement fridge)
- Pro Dart Board, all-in-1 Computer system / DVD player / MP3 Server / 32" TV